Saturday, June 28, 2008

BABY DIAPER CAKES






This is a diaper cake I made for my daughter in law's sister. The nursery was a jungle theme so I also did the cake with that theme. His name is Brayden as you can see from the wood painted letters on front. It has a big blanket on the bottom with diapers around it, the receiving blankets, oneies, little sleepers, and washcloths, and socks, and shoes, and all the jungle animals of course...later I made a name plaque with all the wood stuff on a canvas, these are fun to do to...roll up the stuff, rubberband the things together, skewer them together and lightly tape to a cake board...tie ribbon around and glue on the finishing touches.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow...you have some really great ideas and do some really beautiful work! I can't wait for you to post more of these amazing creations. I love using my journal to write about my life but it just isn't anywhere as beautiful as some that you have created. You are a truly gifted artist!